Re: elon jessup

  • Billy
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 30, 2010
      I know this is a very old thread but I am looking at elon jessup too as my next one. Would it be feasible to use 6mm ply for sides and two layers of 6mm for the bottom? Glued lap per Hill and Oughtred. Closer spaced side frames and an open inwale and outwale system? I am hoping that the closer/more frames and gunwale system will compensate for some of the lightness of the lighter ply. All I have is 6mm ply left over from my last boat ( not an Atkin design) and really can't afford to buy more ply at the moment.
      How many other Atkins boats not specified for ply are suitable for ply construction? Which ones? I am hoping to build HAVEN someday, anybody know of any that have been built. I reall like RUSSELL R too but HAVEN really lights my fire. Thanks for any help.