Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: Cover company suggestions for an 11' Tina cat-boat?

  • stu
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 9, 2010
      Apologies for being so cryptic... Yes, Matthew is correct.  I was in the car at the time, but didn't want to lose this thread.

      My boat, an Atkins Dary Thomas Tops'l cutter, was built in Port Townsend in 1993, and fitted out with Port Townsend Foundary bronze, Carol Hasse sails and an Artful Dodger sail cover and full boat cover.

      The boat cover is the most complicated piece of fabric construction I've ever encountered, owing to all the traditional rigging of the boat.  Three pieces, vents, chafing gear... goodness.  I'll post a picture.

      Your boat will be substantially simpler I'm sure.

      And yes, you want a boat cover and a sail cover.

      You may experience some sticker shock, but there aren't many things you can do that will enhance the longevity and preserve the beauty of such a boat than to provide this sort of protection.

      I have no idea whether they need proximity to your boat to do a proper job... may be a show stopper.

      best of luck in your search.

      stu

      On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Matthew L <owlnmole@...> wrote:

      Trina, Stuart is not quoting Dickens, I think he was trying to suggest this company:

      The Artful Dodger
      105 Hudson St
      Port Townsend, Washington 98368
      United States
      Phone: 360 385-2670

      No web site, you'll have to call.

      --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Stuart Weibel <stuart.weibel@...> wrote:

      > Artful dodger
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone

    • Trina Denton
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 9, 2010
        Thank you Matthew, as I was a tad confused by Stu's first reply. :)

        Trina, Stuart is not quoting Dickens, I think he was trying to suggest this company:

        The Artful Dodger
        105 Hudson St
        Port Townsend, Washington 98368
        United States
        Phone: 360 385-2670

        No web site, you'll have to call.

        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Stuart Weibel <stuart.weibel@...> wrote:

        > Artful dodger
        >
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • Trina Denton
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 9, 2010
          Stu-- I appreciate your prompt help! I trust you reached your destination safely despite texting while driving.  :)   And of course, the advice that I want both a sail and a boat cover is key as I move along in my search, so merci again.

          Trina

          Apologies for being so cryptic... Yes, Matthew is correct.  I was in the car at the time, but didn't want to lose this thread.

          My boat, an Atkins Dary Thomas Tops'l cutter, was built in Port Townsend in 1993, and fitted out with Port Townsend Foundary bronze, Carol Hasse sails and an Artful Dodger sail cover and full boat cover.

          The boat cover is the most complicated piece of fabric construction I've ever encountered, owing to all the traditional rigging of the boat.  Three pieces, vents, chafing gear... goodness.  I'll post a picture.

          Your boat will be substantially simpler I'm sure.

          And yes, you want a boat cover and a sail cover.

          You may experience some sticker shock, but there aren't many things you can do that will enhance the longevity and preserve the beauty of such a boat than to provide this sort of protection.

          I have no idea whether they need proximity to your boat to do a proper job... may be a show stopper.

          best of luck in your search.

          stu

          On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Matthew L <owlnmole@...> wrote:

          Trina, Stuart is not quoting Dickens, I think he was trying to suggest this company:

          The Artful Dodger
          105 Hudson St
          Port Townsend, Washington 98368
          United States
          Phone: 360 385-2670

          No web site, you'll have to call.

          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Stuart Weibel <stuart.weibel@...> wrote:

          > Artful dodger
          >
          > Sent from my iPhone

        • stu
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 9, 2010
            Living in a NoText state, I will say that I pulled over long enough to send my message... Let us know what you find!

            stu