Re: Small Sailboat Design Help Request

  • r_mouradian
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2010
      I'm wondering if anyone can comment on what it means when one of the Atkins designs is noted as being drawn for plywood construction.

      I have notcied that many of the Atkins skiff-like designs appear to have flat, or non curved, sides when viewing the frames. But, only a few are recommended for plywood. For example, Sunshine and Krazy Kat look to be almost identical, but I am guessing that the actual 3-dimensional shapes are slightly different and that Krazy Kat would be harder to build in plywood?

      Regards

      Rob