Florence Oakland

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 6, 2010
      I just joined here.I am in the first stages in constructing the Atkin designed V-bottomed schooner "Florence Okland".Am looking for anyone who has built this boat or has construction photos.This is my first boat construction project and a few questions just might come up.Would really appreciate hearing from you....Jerry
    • William E. Parker
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010

        I am the owner of a Florence Oakland.  I did not build her, but I have re-built significant portions of her.  Would be happy to give you what info I can.  Generally speaking, following the plans if a good idea, but there are some changes I have made in the light of long-term wear and tear.

        Best,

        Bill Parker

      • Tiernan Roe
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <gonzochfeng@...> wrote:

          > I just joined here.I am in the first stages in constructing the Atkin designed V-bottomed schooner "Florence Okland".Am looking for anyone who has built this boat or has construction photos.This is my first boat construction project and a few questions just might come up.Would really appreciate hearing from you....Jerry

          Cool, a 22 foot schooner I've had my eye on Florence Oakland for a while. Best of luck with the build.
          Tiernan Roe
          Roeboats
        • Dmitry Labutin
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 10, 2010
            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <gonzochfeng@...> wrote:

            > I just joined here.I am in the first stages in constructing the Atkin designed V-bottomed schooner "Florence Okland".Am looking for anyone who has built this boat or has construction photos.This is my first boat construction project and a few questions just might come up.Would really appreciate hearing from you....Jerry

            Hi, Jerry. I intend to build Florence. The drawings were bought a year ago. Premises for building is found and equipped. One of these days I will buy the materials. I also have many questions and would like to discuss them. If interested, you can write to my e-mail.
            I hope Google translator did not messed up ...
            Regards, Dmitry.
            Ïðîñëóøàòü
            Íà ëàòèíèöå
          • Jerry
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2011
              And so it begins.I just layed out the raw Keel beam for a florence Oakland today.Anyone who has built one of these...I would sure like to hear from you.