Re: [AtkinBoats] Atomic 4 in an Atkin Skiff?

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22 1:57 PM
      The Atomic 4 has less torque than the engine Wm. Atkin specified, which
      I'll bet was a Gray Sea Scout, so you'll have to spin the Universal faster
      to get the same performance. I have specs from 1946 that show the "Lugger"
      series Sea Scout put out 25 hp. at 2000 rpm. The specs I have for Atomic
      4s show that the UJ, UJR and UJVD models put out 16.2 hp. at 2000 rpm, 20
      hp. at 2500 rpm and 25 hp. at 3000 rpm. The UJS and UJSR models top out at
      18 hp. at 2500 rpm. With a propeller that'll let it spin up enough, a
      direct drive UJ Atomic 4 should work fine in a Rescue Minor, and it'd be a
      lot more pleasant than a diesel.

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      Let us enrich ourselves with our mutual differences. (Paul Valery)