UnlikeyBoatBuilder: Sidelights

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 21, 2010
      While waiting for the antibiotics to work their magic on my poor battered shin, I have been working on my to-do list. Top on the list today was to mount sidelight boxes in the Blue Moon's shrouds.

      Sidelights are the red and green running lights that sailboats must show at night. The Blue Moon came with tiny, electric sidelights, in the shape of a small plastic light that looked like it would be more in place on a kids bike than on a boat.

      Even though these tiny lights were barely visible, they gulped enormous amounts of electricity from my solar-driven batteries. Taking another page from the Pardey's books, I long ago decided to use kerosene running lights.

      Read complete blog post:

      http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2010/04/sidelights.html

      Enjoy: John