Fair Winds

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2010
      When I announced that I was ready to sail off on Cabin Boy's Big Adventure, a bunch of people -- presumably experienced cruisers -- wished me 'Fair Winds'.

      Now, I must admit that, as a long-time day sailor in Long Island Sound, I didn't really 'get' this expression. Frankly, in the Sound in summer, any wind is a fair wind. Most of the time no wind is the problem.

      But after trying to sail from the Steinhatchee River to Cedar Key -- a distance of nearly 50 nm -- against a southerly wind on Wednesday, I now 'get' it fully!

      Read complete blog post:

      http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2010/04/fair-winds.html

      Enjoy: John