small cabin

  • rekkamurd
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 27, 2010
      I do like the look of http://svensons.com/boat/?p=CabinCruisers/SeaBabe

      it's smallish, I like its looks, and like its claims for speed/hp.
      would really like to build similarly, but thinking 6-8" narrower beam,
      maybe a little taller sides, cabin height.. and a notched in motor well type transom to put the engine maybe 18" forward: to not need remote connection for controlling it, and the resultant "tails" acting as afterplane, so it doesnt "plow" when trying to lift.

      I'd want to build lighter, wanting to build for an older 10hp honda long shaft 4 stroke sailboat pusher I'd picked up. I'm not thinking "speed demon" at all, just decent/realistic low planing speed performance, maybe 12-14 mph economical cruising. a wider shallower V up front could maybe yield a little more usable sleeping space, might be popular. a very "mini" cruiser... but I'm no designer.

      luan ply panel is inexpensive enough and light weight, locally available, and has 6-7 laminates. I'd tend to think with light frames and stringers.. then a layer or two of cloth/resin, it could maybe come up rigid/strong enough for what I'm thinking.

      I've seen some simple cabin skiffs too sure, but they just dont have the same kind of visual appeal. I'm looking for plans, everywhere, and would like some helps.