Florence Oakland

  • Carl Andersen
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 6, 2010
      Hi from Denmark
      I have fallen in love with Florence Oakland http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Sail/FlorenceOakland.html

      Can sombody tell me what it will cost to build it oneself without engine in US $ today

      Carl Andersen
    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 6, 2010
        I just joined here.I am in the first stages in constructing the Atkin designed V-bottomed schooner "Florence Okland".Am looking for anyone who has built this boat or has construction photos.This is my first boat construction project and a few questions just might come up.Would really appreciate hearing from you....Jerry
      • William E. Parker
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010

          I am the owner of a Florence Oakland.  I did not build her, but I have re-built significant portions of her.  Would be happy to give you what info I can.  Generally speaking, following the plans if a good idea, but there are some changes I have made in the light of long-term wear and tear.

          Best,

          Bill Parker

        • Tiernan Roe
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 16, 2010
            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <gonzochfeng@...> wrote:

            > I just joined here.I am in the first stages in constructing the Atkin designed V-bottomed schooner "Florence Okland".Am looking for anyone who has built this boat or has construction photos.This is my first boat construction project and a few questions just might come up.Would really appreciate hearing from you....Jerry

            Cool, a 22 foot schooner I've had my eye on Florence Oakland for a while. Best of luck with the build.
            Tiernan Roe
            Roeboats
          • Dmitry Labutin
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 10, 2010
              --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry" <gonzochfeng@...> wrote:

              > I just joined here.I am in the first stages in constructing the Atkin designed V-bottomed schooner "Florence Okland".Am looking for anyone who has built this boat or has construction photos.This is my first boat construction project and a few questions just might come up.Would really appreciate hearing from you....Jerry

              Hi, Jerry. I intend to build Florence. The drawings were bought a year ago. Premises for building is found and equipped. One of these days I will buy the materials. I also have many questions and would like to discuss them. If interested, you can write to my e-mail.
              I hope Google translator did not messed up ...
              Regards, Dmitry.
              Ïðîñëóøàòü
              Íà ëàòèíèöå
            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 27, 2011
                And so it begins.I just layed out the raw Keel beam for a florence Oakland today.Anyone who has built one of these...I would sure like to hear from you.