Re: Rescue Minor

  • Lewis E. Gordon
    Message 1 of 38 , Jul 28, 2004
      Is this the REAL Robb White?

      You would love it down here in Nicaragua. You can't get real marine
      plywood, and the exterior grade they call "marino". It's decent but
      the outer plys are VERY thin, and no one stocks it. The factory will
      only fire up their "Marino" line with a minimum order of 500 sheets!
      We were lucky to sneak in our order for 30 sheets (for construction
      forms) with an order from the largest construction firm in country.

      But the spanish cedar, now that is some lovely stuff! Unfortunatily,
      all we have bought has gone for window bucks, windows and doors!

      Great web site! I enjoy the "rejected stories". Please add sone more.

    • ojskiff
      Message 38 of 38 , May 18, 2014
        I have seen 4 Resue Minors built and 3 of the builders modified Atkin's plans.  All 3 of them had problems with the performance.  Atkin's knew what he was doing and I would recommend that anyone build it according to the plan.I built one under Sea Island Boatworks (Mark Bayne) and we followed the plans to the "tee"  The boat preformed perfectly.  I would advise that everyone stick to the plans.  I have a lot of Rescue Minor construction photos posted at www.morrisislandboatworks.com