New Photos

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 25, 2010
      Somebody at Bates Technical College is building a Ration:

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Ration/

      Cliff Robb's Little Maid of Kent:

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/LittleMaidOfKent/

      Did I already mention the new photos of Blaine Bey's Topsy?

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Topsy/

      Winter haulout of Robin and John Rogers' fiberglass Ingrid:

      http://preview.tinyurl.com/yegwpyk

      I've also added the V-bottom Seabright skiff motor cruiser Namaki to the
      online catalog:

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Cruisers/Namaki.html

      --
      John (jkohnen@...)
      School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole span of
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 25, 2010
        John,
        I'm starting to restore a Maid of Kent named Black Pearl here in Maine.  Here are pics of progress:
        Mike

        On Feb 25, 2010, at 6:49 PM, "John Kohnen" <jkohnen@...> wrote:

        Somebody at Bates Technical College is building a Ration:

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Ration/

        Cliff Robb's Little Maid of Kent:

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/LittleMaidOfKent/

        Did I already mention the new photos of Blaine Bey's Topsy?

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Topsy/

        Winter haulout of Robin and John Rogers' fiberglass Ingrid:

        http://preview.tinyurl.com/yegwpyk

        I've also added the V-bottom Seabright skiff motor cruiser Namaki to the
        online catalog:

        http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Cruisers/Namaki.html

        --
        John (jkohnen@...)
        School days, I believe, are the unhappiest in the whole span of
        human existence . They are full of dull, unintelligible tasks,
        new and unpleasant ordinances, brutal violations of common sense
        and common decency. (H. L. Mencken)

        ------------------------------------

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
           AtkinBoats-digest@yahoogroups.com
           AtkinBoats-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • David
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 6, 2010
          John,

          That Namaki is sure a sweet looking boat.

          Cheers,
          David G

          **************

          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 30, 2010
            There wasn't any wind for the Sunday "sail-by" at the Port Townsend Wooden
            Boat Festival, so I didn't get any shots of Atkin boats under sail, except
            for Dave Clemmer and Marie Vila in their Vintage, Magic Wing, who had the
            patience to stay out until we got a small breeze for a while:

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Vintage/

            I got a few more of the Gary Thomas, Ripple, at the dock that show more of
            her:

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/GaryThomas/

            And just one shot of a very nice detail on the Little Maid of Kent, Aja:

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/LittleMaidOfKent/

            Joel Gregory of Tukwila, Wash. and his son built a very nice Handy Andy,
            canvas covered as designed, and took lots of pictures:

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/HandyAndy/

            Tom Hesselink of Marshallberg, NC sent us these pictures of his newly
            launched C. G. Junior, Millie. She's a beauty. Tom says he's gonna build a
            Segeant Faunce next!

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/CGJunior/

            Alex Hirsig sent some shots of his plywood planked Tina, Tiger. Good job
            Alex!

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Tina/

            And Martin Musson of Port Hadlock, Wash. sent photos of his new
            Katydidn't/Petey Dink, which he'll use as tender to his Eric, Jr., Tyke:

            http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/Katydidnt/

            Thanks to all of you who've sent us pictures of your boats. I apologize
            for sometimes taking a while to get them online.

            --
            John (jkohnen@...)
            I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat.
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 15, 2010
              Millie is just magnificent!! I wish someone would build Sallie Hyde. You mentioned the guy who was going to build SGT Faunce and that just seemed to make the vision of a Sallie Hyde float through my head.

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 19, 2011
                I saw a Teach at Port Townsend (and Port Hadlock) last month, so we've
                finally got some photos. Now we need some of a Teach sailing! <g>

                http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Photos/Teach/

                Some more photos of Martin and Ingrid Musson's Katydidn't/Petey Dink, Imp
                (it's confusing... I'll try to explain on the page for the design one of
                these days <g>). It's good to see her with a load, and she seems to handle
                two adults just fine. The rowed her from their big boat anchored down by
                the ferry dock, about a half NM away, in pretty mild conditions, and I
                think they got back to the big boat OK after visiting the beer tent. <g>

                http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Photos/Katydidnt/

                --
                John (jkohnen@...)
                A paranoid is a man who knows a little of what's going on.
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 19, 2011
                  A few of the photos of the Katydidn't at the link below are taken in front of another Atkin design - Barakah, A Gary Thomas tops'l gaff cutter built by the Northwest School for Wooden Boats at Port Hadlock, and launched in 1995.  She is currently owned by an employee of the school.

                  stu
                  master and slave to s/v Ripple

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 19, 2011
                    I got a bunch of photos of Barakah and Ripple. But you gotta understand
                    that I took over 700 photos, and it takes a while to go through them all
                    and edit the good ones! <g> Have patience...

                    On Wed, 19 Oct 2011 21:06:59 -0700, stu wrote:

                    > A few of the photos of the Katydidn't at the link below are taken in
                    > front
                    > of another Atkin design - Barakah, A Gary Thomas tops'l gaff cutter
                    > built by
                    > the Northwest School for Wooden Boats at Port Hadlock, and launched in
                    > 1995. She is currently owned by an employee of the school.
                    >
                    > stu
                    > master and slave to s/v Ripple

                    --
                    John (jkohnen@...)
                    A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill.
                    (Robert A. Heinlein)