Re:

  • Bob Johnson
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2010
      My copy is the 1927 edition, so I expect it is in all of them. There
      is a drawing on page 203. It is in a chapter describing his yacht Tern
      IV (it seems all his boats were named Tern).
      Both of his books, but especially the first one, _Yacht Cruising_ , are
      well worth getting a hold of and reading if you are interested in
      classic yachts and seamanship. Claud Worth began his yachting around
      the 1880s and continued throughout his life, and became an accomplished
      amateur designer, as well as being a prominent eye doctor.

      Bob

      > There were 4 editions of this book.
      > What edition?
      > 1927, 1929, 1935, 1947???
      > Thanks
      >
      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "xstncl" <dredbob@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> I need to correct myself here. The Claud Worth gear I described is
      >> in his second book _Yacht Navigation and Voyaging_.
      >>
      >> Bob

    • praetorian1962
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2010
        Thank you very much Bob. I managed to order both of these books off of Amazon this morning and eagerly await them.
        Jim