UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Day 11 - Easy is Overrated

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2010
      Once or twice a week, I get gentle (and sometimes not so gentle) comments or emails from readers, asking me, in one way or another "Why do you do everything the hard way?!?!"

      An easy answer would be, because my goal is not just to build a boat, but to learn how traditional wooden boats are put together, so I can maintain a larger wooden boat, such as the Blue Moon.

      I have nothing against modern techniques like stitch and glue, but building such a craft (as attractive as one seems as my deadline looms), would not help me understand traditional wooden boat construction.

      But a fuller, more honest answer is that it's just plain fun to do something that is really, really hard...

      Read complete blog post: Easy is Overrated

      http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2010/01/easy-is-overrated.html

      Enjoy: John