Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Day 12 - Make Mistakes Slowly

  • Bruce Martens
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2010
    Hello John....  As for new wood, her transom, rub rails all seating and her floor boards are new.  All the rest is cleaned up, re-fastened & then re-finished.  I had to remove and re-bed her keel and both exterior chines.But all went back in place, happy to be getting some attention after all these years.  Like you said, wood IS the best material to restore.

    I had found the boat within the bushes and weeds at the Vallejo Yacht Club.  I was told  that her owner had DIED !!!! ten years ago...  ..  Carry on thru the fog.....    ~BRUCE~