UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Bulwarks à la Buehler

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2010
      One of the nice features of the Tom Glimer Blue Moon is the raised deck amidships. It gives the boat great strength, lovely wide side decks, and lots of room below decks (for a 23' boat.)

      I don't know what Tom specified on the original plans (they suddenly being out of stock at the Wooden Boat store), but this particular Blue Moon has flush decks, right to the edge of the boat. Not even a toe-rail. While this keeps her lines clean, I like to have a little something between me and the deep-blue sea as I'm crawling up to the foredeck...

      Read complete blog post: Bulwarks à la Buehler

      Enjoy: John