UnlikelyBoatBuilder: Day 17 - Oak Smoke

  • John Almberg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2010
      Well, on this Day 17, my mission was to mount Cabin Boy's transom, using the micron invention described yesterday, and to tie the whole backbone together, as much as possible.

      I started by bolting the keelson to the stem. To do that, I had to drill a long 1/4" hole through the keelson and the stem, and then chisel out a 'landing area' on the stem for the washer and nut.

      For some reason, I still find it difficult to drill or cut 'real wood'... i.e., the wood that will end up in the actual boat. There is something so final about drilling a hole, or -- worse -- making a saw cut...

      Read complete blog post: Oak Smoke

      Enjoy: John