Unlikely Boat Builder: Occam's Razor

  • JohnA
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2009
      For the last month or so, I've been asking all my new boat builder/wood worker friends where to buy boat lumber. There are many answers to this question: from a company in Brooklyn that sells wood recovered from 200 year-old buildings (built from old-growth timbers that are no longer available), to a company in New Jersey that supposedly sells wood sawn from White Cedars that fell into Jurassic-era swamps, to small lumber mills hidden away in the dark hollows of New England.

      However, there is one company that appears -- with positive or negative comments attached -- on nearly everyone's list (including Pat's!) : M.L. Condon, of White Plains, NY.

      Read complete blog post: Occam's Razor

      Enjoy: John