Re: [AtkinBoats] Re:+Scaling+up

  • Greg Haff
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 13, 2009
      When you build that boat that use scaled down plans. Have a few people watching you from land
      Greg
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 12, 2009, at 1:22 PM, Patrick Blanchard <kd0dvh@...> wrote:

      I do not know about scaling up. Scaling down to extreme of a pond sailor will not work without Hull and ballast changes. It has something to do with flow, both laminar and turbulent and rheological constants. Trial and error carries a lot of weight in design considerations; you will never really know until you build it and undergo sea trials.