Re:+Scaling+up

  • Patrick Blanchard
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2009

      I do not know about scaling up. Scaling down to extreme of a pond sailor will not work without Hull and ballast changes. It has something to do with flow, both laminar and turbulent and rheological constants. Trial and error carries a lot of weight in design considerations; you will never really know until you build it and undergo sea trials.

    • Greg Haff
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2009
        When you build that boat that use scaled down plans. Have a few people watching you from land
        Greg
        Sent from my iPhone