Re: [AtkinBoats] Eric 32 1968 restoration project - Iron to lead keel scantling conversion

  • Aquiles Rösner
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 10, 2009
      Hi Patrick,
      I yust has cast the lead keel for the 37' Ingrid according to a plam
      from Pat. Eric and Ingrid are very similar, so I think you can use this
      plan, modifying it proportionaly.
      Greetings from Germany
      Aquiles

      Am Mittwoch, den 09.12.2009, 11:17 -0600 schrieb Patrick Blanchard:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I will cast a lead keel for the Eric 32 instead of using iron. Does
      > anyone have lead keel scantlings for this fine cruiser? Or, anyone w/
      > experience to give guidance for loft adjustments? I know this has been
      > done before. Regards, Patrick
      >
      > scaled loft photo:
      > http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2616/4170225534_97dea445e7_b.jpg
      >
      > cc: Pat

    • hollin.wilkins
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 16, 2016
        What is the word on this? I just purchased plans for the Eric and would like to build it with a lead keel. I'd rather not hire a marine architect to do work that's already been done.

        Let me know if you found anything, thank you!
        Hollin
      • Aquiles_R=c3=b6sner
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 17, 2016

          Hy Hollin,years ago I purchased plans for the Ingrid - a little bigger then Eric - with a exakt plan for the lead keel. I think, it is possible to adapt the dimensions to the Eric if there ar not a keelplan.
          Greetings
          Aquiles