Unlikely Boat Builder: Man, The Tool Maker

  • JohnA
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 17, 2009
      Man, The Tool Maker

      "There is nothing particularly difficult about sailing," my friend John V. mused as we drove across Peconic Bay last weekend into a cold, 20 knot breeze. "But there are an enormous number of simple skills to be mastered."

      At that particular moment, I was trying to master the skill of staying warm under the dodger, while John squinted into the wind like the Ancient Mariner, seemingly unaffected by the ferocious wind-chill factor...

      Read the complete blog post in which I (amazingly) build my first tool...

      Man, The Tool Maker

      Enjoy: John
    • JohnA
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 21, 2009
        Some call them woodworking 'tricks', but I call them micro inventions -- simple, non-obvious inventions that some wood worker discovered hundreds or maybe thousands of years ago -- that are passed down from worker to worker because they are so darn useful...

        Complete blog post: Micro Inventions