Re: [AtkinBoats] Sallie Hyde - which set of lines for this engine?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2009
      That engine should push the original (not high-speed lines) Sallie Hyde
      along fine, though I'm suspicious about these new-fangled high-speed
      engines' abilty to pull their weight as well as their heftier, slower
      turning ancestors.

      On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:36:30 -0700, thehomecrafter wrote:

      > The Sallie Hyde plans come with two sets of lines; one for speeds of up
      > to 10 mph, and one for up to 16 mph.
      > I'm considering this engine for a displacement/semi-displacement fishing
      > boat in the 20'range (copy and paste):
      > https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009090719235340&item=28-1684&catname=engines
      >
      > My 2 questions are:
      > Is this enough engine for the Sallie Hyde?
      > If so, does anyone know which set of lines would be the better choice
      > for this engine?

      I must say I find television very educational. The minute
      somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book.
      <Groucho Marx>