Re: [AtkinBoats] Great bear, Little bear ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2009
      "Great Bear" in PSBD never was really "Great Bear," it was always Little
      Bear. Why John A called the boat "Great Bear" in the book is a mystery,
      since he designed (previously, I'll bet) a power cruiser named Great Bear
      for the same fellow he designed Little Bear for! <shrug> Are you confused
      yet? <g> We decided it'd be a good idea to use the correct name for the
      28' 10" flat-bottom sailboat to avoid confusion with the motorboat Great
      Bear, which we may be adding to the catalog soon. I hope I've managed to
      set up the Web pages so readers of Practical Small Boat Designs can still
      easily find the boat they're looking for.

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/Photos/GreatBear/

      On Thu, 05 Nov 2009 08:01:33 -0800, JF wrote:

      > The boat named "Great bear" in "Practical Small Boat Design" is the same
      > as what is now called Little bear online . Why the name change ?

      Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless they meet
      two conditions: 1. He is a Greek; 2. He is a Fisherman <Roy
      Blount Jr.>
    • j_fouser
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2009
        That clears it up , Little Bear is a great boat for wandering around the coast . With a good used Atomic 4 , I could see along down the inland water way . Hanging out around the Chesapeake bay .

        JF