Re: Sallie Hyde - which set of lines for this engine?

  • thehomecrafter
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2009
      I realize that this engine will need components - alternator, bell housing, transmission, cooling....
      It may be better to ask a different question with a new thread title.
      "Choosing a fishing boat design based on an engine"
      Thanks for the reply - please see new thread!

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2009
        That engine should push the original (not high-speed lines) Sallie Hyde
        along fine, though I'm suspicious about these new-fangled high-speed
        engines' abilty to pull their weight as well as their heftier, slower
        turning ancestors.

        On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:36:30 -0700, thehomecrafter wrote:

        > The Sallie Hyde plans come with two sets of lines; one for speeds of up
        > to 10 mph, and one for up to 16 mph.
        > I'm considering this engine for a displacement/semi-displacement fishing
        > boat in the 20'range (copy and paste):
        > https://www.surpluscenter.com/item.asp?UID=2009090719235340&item=28-1684&catname=engines
        >
        > My 2 questions are:
        > Is this enough engine for the Sallie Hyde?
        > If so, does anyone know which set of lines would be the better choice
        > for this engine?

        I must say I find television very educational. The minute
        somebody turns it on, I go to the library and read a good book.
        <Groucho Marx>