I Score Some Blades

  • JohnA
    Message 1 of 15 , Oct 27, 2009
      I'm super excited about this week's garage sale find. And I have a cautionary tale about being 'too careful' (i.e. cheap) with money.

      A couple weeks ago, I went to visit Roger, a very experienced boat builder in my area. I don't know what he thought of me, since I don't remember doing anything more intelligent than walking around his amazing shop with my mouth open, uttering the word 'Wow' every so often, but I learned a lot from him.

      Among the other secrets he let me in on was the fact that you could find great old tools at garage sales for less money than you'd spend buying new tools of inferior quality...

      See complete blog post:

      http://www.unlikelyboatbuilder.com/2009/10/i-score-some-blades.html

      -- John