Great Find

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 18 10:13 PM
      I wanted to read a little about "Heron" so I tried searching for "Selected Popular Motor Boat Designs" Ideal series vol 16, copyright 1934. It didn't seem to be any where in New England so I asked at the library if they could search farther. A couple of weeks later it came in from Buffalo N.Y.

      The thing is there are a bunch of plans that are not listed on Atkin's website. They are mostly era speed boats or runabouts but they are really cool looking. The one that caught my eye though was "Vagrant" a fifteen foot family boat for an outboard. It is similar to "Scandal" but a little more beam and a V bottom. Maybe "Scandal or Heron" would be a good test build before "Shoals Runner or Ninigret"