Huskie Motor

  • paulsquire21
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2009
      Atkin writes of Huskie: "if powered with a motor of approximately 90 cubic inch cylinder displacement and turning at 2,000 r.p.m. the little boat will show a speed of close to 11 miles an hour. Universal, Gray, Lycoming, Red Wing, and Kermath supply motors of about this power output."

      My Question is what HP would one of these engines have been developing at 2000rpm?
    • Patrick Blanchard
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2009
        Hi Paul,

        You have to find the service manual, and the internet should have it tucked away somewhere. Also make certain you are comparing the same prop.

        On 9/10/09, paulsquire21 <paulsquire21@...> wrote:

        Atkin writes of Huskie: "if powered with a motor of approximately 90 cubic inch cylinder displacement and turning at 2,000 r.p.m. the little boat will show a speed of close to 11 miles an hour. Universal, Gray, Lycoming, Red Wing, and Kermath supply motors of about this power output."

        My Question is what HP would one of these engines have been developing at 2000rpm?

      • titanicslim
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 11, 2009
          > My Question is what HP would one of these engines have been developing at 2000rpm?

          About 25-30hp.