RE: [AtkinBoats] Re: Looking for a boat to match my engine

  • Alan Boman
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 3, 2009
      John,

      I'm intrigued by your comments about Happy Clam - has Mrs Pat got many
      others salted away and not released ? Is that because of copyright concerns
      ?

      Do you now if the plans for "Mischief", the first ever tunnel stern, have
      survived?

      Cheers

      Alan

      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 4, 2009
        What happens when an outboard is put in a seabright?

      • Randy Bennell
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 4, 2009
          Anyone out there know how well the tunnel stern boats do in rough water? How do they compare with a deep V hull?

          Randy

          --
          John <jkohnen@boat- links.com>

          ------------ --------- --------- ------

          <http://www.atkinboa tplans.com/>

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • windmill4048
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 7, 2009
            --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "Randy Bennell" <bennell@...> wrote:

            > Anyone out there know how well the tunnel stern boats do in rough water? How
            > do they compare with a deep V hull?
            >
            > Randy

            Randy,

            My Rescue Minor handles rough water well up to 3 to 4'. These boats as semidisplacement hules and ride much softer than a planning hull. You do have to be prepared to deal with some air in the tunnel in rough seas. That causes momintary spin up of the RPM.