Re: Eric Junior For Sale

  • zmtn22
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
      Did you say that Pat considers the Westsail beautiful? I think
      westsail may be my next boat cause I am having a hard time finding an
      Eric made of wood. Are there any photo's of that Eric JR. that's for
      sale? there is a fine one in Homer Alaska. zmtn

    • roninpnw
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2004
        I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
        last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
        the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

        There's actually a very nice Westsail for sail here in Seattle,
        beautiful woodwork (cutter rig with boomkin). There's another just
        near it, but didn't catch my eye so much. I've never been inside a
        Westsail and am very tempted to go "shopping" (pretend, of course)
        just to see what she looks like when compared to Ronin.

        -Scott

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 4, 2004
          Bill Lapworth raised the freeboard a bit when he adapted Thistle to
          fiberglass. That and the molded deck and house on the Westsail give Thistle
          and Eric the edge in a beauty contest. <g> Westsails still look a lot better
          than most of the boats you see on the water these days.

          On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:47:53 -0000, Scott wrote:
          > I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
          > last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
          > the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

          The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can
          be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
          <Elizabeth Taylor>