Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: 22HP @ 3000 rpm gas engine

  • Rob's Mail
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2009
      Try Beta Marine in NC
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "paulsquire21" <paulsquire21@...>
      To: <AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2009 6:33 PM
      Subject: [AtkinBoats] Re: 22HP @ 3000 rpm gas engine

      >> Please tell me where you are able to find
      >> cheap gearboxes for such small power

      > This is a problem. I thought I'd avoid it
      > altogether and use direct drive for fwd and
      > a pole or paddle for reverse.

      If I got fed up with the pole I might try a disk & wheel system in which a
      disk is mounted on vertical engine's output shaft. A wheel is mounted on
      the boat's propeller shaft with a lever to bring it up to the disk. The
      lever is arranged so it can bring the wheel up to the disk on either side of
      the disk's center thus giving fwd and reverse. I believe this system may be
      used in some larger ride-on mowers.

      I uploaded a sketch at
      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/YJmdSnTgCAESFamdkkh8Ss0GmtxBTjVJu15jYNu28f32wk7rDMANq3-S3y68FoUx_nkhaAiO9HbfcwPWUPAJgS17lN5up7CzU8ot/Cheap%20Gearbox%20%26%20Clutch.jpg

      The engine is a 26hp liquid cooled Kawasaki I found at
      https://www.surpluscenter.com/Item.asp?UID=2009090116443760&catname=engines&item=28-1714

      <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      06:52:00