RE: [AtkinBoats] Eric Junior For Sale

  • Greg Ball
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
      Well, I guess that's about as far from here as it could get; and still be in
      the lower forty eight.

      Sigh.

      Greg Ball
      GIS Coordinator
      Dare County, NC
      (252) 475-5831

      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
        Did you say that Pat considers the Westsail beautiful? I think
        westsail may be my next boat cause I am having a hard time finding an
        Eric made of wood. Are there any photo's of that Eric JR. that's for
        sale? there is a fine one in Homer Alaska. zmtn

      • roninpnw
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2004
          I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
          last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
          the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

          There's actually a very nice Westsail for sail here in Seattle,
          beautiful woodwork (cutter rig with boomkin). There's another just
          near it, but didn't catch my eye so much. I've never been inside a
          Westsail and am very tempted to go "shopping" (pretend, of course)
          just to see what she looks like when compared to Ronin.

          -Scott

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 4, 2004
            Bill Lapworth raised the freeboard a bit when he adapted Thistle to
            fiberglass. That and the molded deck and house on the Westsail give Thistle
            and Eric the edge in a beauty contest. <g> Westsails still look a lot better
            than most of the boats you see on the water these days.

            On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:47:53 -0000, Scott wrote:
            > I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
            > last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
            > the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

            The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can
            be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
            <Elizabeth Taylor>