Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: GAS ENGINE/TRANS ADVICE

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 18 12:22 AM
      A friend of mine has one of the current Westerbeke gas engines in a
      stretched 19' Bartender he built. It's based on a Mazda industrial engine,
      and seems like a goodun.

      http://preview.tinyurl.com/pezlyk

      On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 07:50:43 -0700, Mike D wrote:

      > I recall some 20 years ago reading that Westerbeke had introduced a new
      > gas engine based on a Japanese block that was super well balanced and
      > vibration compensated. Sounds like that may be the same one or a
      > descendant along those lines.

      No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of
      society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we
      shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for
      stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. <P.J. O'Rourke>