Re: GAS ENGINE/TRANS ADVICE

  • Mike Dolph
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 15, 2009
      I recall some 20 years ago reading that Westerbeke had introduced a new gas engine based on a Japanese block that was super well balanced and vibration compensated. Sounds like that may be the same one or a descendant along those lines.

      Mike Dolph

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 18, 2009
        A friend of mine has one of the current Westerbeke gas engines in a
        stretched 19' Bartender he built. It's based on a Mazda industrial engine,
        and seems like a goodun.

        http://preview.tinyurl.com/pezlyk

        On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 07:50:43 -0700, Mike D wrote:

        > I recall some 20 years ago reading that Westerbeke had introduced a new
        > gas engine based on a Japanese block that was super well balanced and
        > vibration compensated. Sounds like that may be the same one or a
        > descendant along those lines.

        No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of
        society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we
        shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for
        stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power. <P.J. O'Rourke>