Re: [AtkinBoats] oops

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 22, 2004
      Who designed the Beachcomber?

      Are there any photos of the Maude & Emeline and the Jebb? I'd like to start
      a gallery of Atkin boat pictures on the Atkin page. We'd also like to hear
      reports on the skiffs' performance.

      On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:28:41 -0000, Steve wrote:
      > Chuck's boat is a 'Beachcomber'...

      Never board a ship without an onion, is sound doctrine.
      <H. W. Tilman>
    • steve
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 27, 2004
        Chuck usually takes pictures of boats built in the program...I'll ask
        him about the skiffs. His boat is still upside down on its jig and
        he figures to have it finished by the end of summer quarter.

        Mark (Maud and Emeline) has moved on and I've talked with him just
        once since he left. He seemed pleased with the skiffs'
        performance...at the time he was powering her with a 3 hp Suzuki and
        mostly rowing while fishing, crabbing etc

        > Who designed the Beachcomber?
        >
        > Are there any photos of the Maude & Emeline and the Jebb? I'd like
        to start
        > a gallery of Atkin boat pictures on the Atkin page. We'd also like
        to hear
        > reports on the skiffs' performance.
        >
        > On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 00:28:41 -0000, Steve wrote:
        > > Chuck's boat is a 'Beachcomber'...
        >
        > --
        > John <jkohnen@b...>
        > http://www.boat-links.com/
        > Never board a ship without an onion, is sound doctrine.
        > <H. W. Tilman>
      • steve
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 29, 2004
          'Beachcomber' is an Atkin design which was sold by Capt. Orwell (?)
          of Texas Dory fame...looks a lot like 'Ninigret'...I found a couple
          of pictures of the skiffs and will pass them on asap..