Re: [AtkinBoats] Eric Junior For Sale

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
      Tilikum's Eric, Jr. is in, or near, Port Townsend, Washington.

      I asked Mrs. Atkin about the fiberglass Eric, Jrs.:

      "To my knowledge no one built ERIC JR. with our permission. But I am not
      surprised, as it happened all the time. John felt 'you can't get money out
      of a stone' as most boatbuilders would go broke! The WESTSAIL was the
      exception. The originals built my Larry Kendall, was all arranged with
      John. But he went bankrupt and sold his soul.

      "Glad the boat is well built and beautiful"

      It's just something curious to think about now. No doubt the builder of
      those fiberglass Eric, Jrs. did indeed go broke! <g>

      On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:13:50 -0400, Greg B wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I'm new to the group and live on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
      >
      > Where is this boat for sale?

      Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless
      they meet two conditions:
      1. He is a Greek
      2. He is a Fisherman <Roy Blount Jr.>
    • Greg Ball
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
        Well, I guess that's about as far from here as it could get; and still be in
        the lower forty eight.

        Sigh.

        Greg Ball
        GIS Coordinator
        Dare County, NC
        (252) 475-5831

        Tilikum's Eric, Jr. is in, or near, Port Townsend, Washington.

        I asked Mrs. Atkin about the fiberglass Eric, Jrs.:

        "To my knowledge no one built ERIC JR. with our permission. But I am not
        surprised, as it happened all the time. John felt 'you can't get money out
        of a stone' as most boatbuilders would go broke! The WESTSAIL was the
        exception. The originals built my Larry Kendall, was all arranged with
        John. But he went bankrupt and sold his soul.

        "Glad the boat is well built and beautiful"

        It's just something curious to think about now. No doubt the builder of
        those fiberglass Eric, Jrs. did indeed go broke! <g>

        On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:13:50 -0400, Greg B wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I'm new to the group and live on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
        >
        > Where is this boat for sale?

        Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless
        they meet two conditions:
        1. He is a Greek
        2. He is a Fisherman <Roy Blount Jr.>

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • zmtn22
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
          Did you say that Pat considers the Westsail beautiful? I think
          westsail may be my next boat cause I am having a hard time finding an
          Eric made of wood. Are there any photo's of that Eric JR. that's for
          sale? there is a fine one in Homer Alaska. zmtn

        • roninpnw
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2004
            I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
            last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
            the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

            There's actually a very nice Westsail for sail here in Seattle,
            beautiful woodwork (cutter rig with boomkin). There's another just
            near it, but didn't catch my eye so much. I've never been inside a
            Westsail and am very tempted to go "shopping" (pretend, of course)
            just to see what she looks like when compared to Ronin.

            -Scott

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2004
              Bill Lapworth raised the freeboard a bit when he adapted Thistle to
              fiberglass. That and the molded deck and house on the Westsail give Thistle
              and Eric the edge in a beauty contest. <g> Westsails still look a lot better
              than most of the boats you see on the water these days.

              On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:47:53 -0000, Scott wrote:
              > I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
              > last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
              > the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

              The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can
              be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
              <Elizabeth Taylor>