Antares

  • Mike Pollitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 8, 2009
      I bought a boat about a month ago. Her name is Antares. She is 26' lod with a 3.5' sprit and is cutter rigged. She is supposed to be Atkin designed and was built by a college professor from the Chicago area and launched in 1940. Pedigree not withstanding, I love the boat. I have been building and restoring wooden boats for 3 decades and believe that Karma has brought us together. I am hoping that someone knows something about her or her design. She doesn't match anything in the design catalogue exactly, but changes to rig, etc. are not uncommon. I'm going to bring her home across Lake Michigan soon to the area of her origin, and I was very pleased (and suprised) to find a group of Atkin design owners on the web. Hope to hear from you soon. Fair winds.