Economy Jane

  • sbrookman74
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 1, 2009
      First posting: I'm an amateur boat builder just finishing my first build, a 19' Sharpie and am already planning the next project. I met Pat the Wooden Boat Show this weekend and ordered plans(both versions) for Economy Jane. (loved the lines, liked that it appeared to be a logical step up in building skill, and it would fit in my workshop) Does anyone has any info on EJ, building, sailing, or otherwise?

      Thanks,

      SteveB
      http://otterwater.com/Sharpie.htm
    • slusher_ben
      Message 2 of 21 , Aug 10, 2009
        Any photos anywhere of economy jane? I'm kind of curious if it can be built in ply sheets and maybe a cutter instead of a knockabout.

        Thanks.
      • sbrookman74
        Message 3 of 21 , Aug 10, 2009
          --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "slusher_ben" <pipercubdream@...> wrote:

          > Any photos anywhere of economy jane? I'm kind of curious if it can be built in ply sheets and maybe a cutter instead of a knockabout.
          >
          > Thanks.

          I bought both sets of EJ plans and was wondering the same thing, if she could be build with ply or even lapstrake. The hollow aft could be a challenge but maybe with thin ply it might work. I posted a picture that someone from the Wooden Boat Forum sent me. It looks like a highly modified EJ (chain plates, bowsprit..) I don't have any info on her.
        • Scott Brumenschenkel
          Message 4 of 21 , Aug 12, 2009
            There was an Economy Jane on the Wooden Boat rescue Foundation site. I think
            the image is still there but the Boat is probably gone.
          • michaelye4
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 2, 2009
              --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "sbrookman74" <Steve@...> wrote:
              Wow, that is one very nice looking boat, Steve, congratulations on a beautiful addition to the world of wooden boats. Take a few hours to sail her and just enjoy. If you still feel the need to build an Economy Jane, well don't let us stop you.

              Mike Schneider

              > First posting: I'm an amateur boat builder just finishing my first build, a 19' Sharpie and am already planning the next project. I met Pat the Wooden Boat Show this weekend and ordered plans(both versions) for Economy Jane. (loved the lines, liked that it appeared to be a logical step up in building skill, and it would fit in my workshop) Does anyone has any info on EJ, building, sailing, or otherwise?
              >
              > Thanks,
              >
              > SteveB
              > http://otterwater.com/Sharpie.htm

            • kollerj18
              Message 6 of 21 , Jan 2, 2015

                Looking for someone else who is bulding Economy Jane