Oregon Coots Wooden Boat Show, August 1

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2009
      The Oregon Coots Chapter of the Traditional Small Craft Association and
      the Eugene Yacht Club would like to invite you to a Wooden Boat Show at
      the Eugene Yacht Club, on Fern Ridge Reservoir, near Eugene, Oregon.

      http://www.coots.org/mb/EYC/

      All kinds of wooden boats are welcome, not just gold platers! Boats will
      be exhibited on land or in the water. The Yacht Club has two launch ramps,
      and will provide dock space.

      There will be Puddle Duck Racer races, boat rides in antique runabouts and
      sailboats, antique outboards on display, and who knows what all. If you
      would like to stage a demonstration, or have an idea for an activity, let
      me know.

      There is no charge to exhibit, and exhibitors can camp Friday and Saturday
      nights on the Yacht Club grounds for free. Hamburgers and hotdogs will be
      sold by the local Sea Scouts for lunch, and they will also be cooking a
      chicken dinner Saturday. I don't know yet what they'll be charging for it.
      Friday night, many of us will be going to Rosalina's Cocina in Veneta for
      a good Mexican dinner.

      Please let me know if you are planning to bring a boat to exhibit, and if
      you're planning on staying for dinner (so the Scouts will have an idea of
      how much food to buy). Thanks!

      John Kohnen
      PO Box 24341
      Eugene, Oregon 97402
      (541) 688-2826
      (answering machine always on)
      jkohnen@...

      The Yacht Club is a great place to hang out on a summer day, and Fern
      Ridge is a wonderful sailing lake. I hope you can make it!

      http://www.coots.org/

      http://www.eugeneyachtclub.org/

      Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he
      is supposed to be doing at that moment. <Robert Benchley>