New Atkin XLNC

  • wrofair
    Message 1 of 5 , May 14, 2009
      Hi:

      I've built an XLNC. Have posted photos in album "XLNC - Aurelia B." It was done "as designed" and I'd like to hear from others who have one or have built one.

      Bill Oakes
    • Brandon
      Message 2 of 5 , May 15, 2009
        Very nice! What kind of engine did you put in her?

        Brandon
        Who just finished installing the garboards on his Valgerda

        Message 3 of 5 , May 15, 2009
          Very nice Indeed! The engine looks like a Palmer PW-27, a little lighter
          and faster turning than the Baby Huskie specified in the plans -- 8 hp. at
          2800 rpm, IIRC. Should be a good match. I'm sure anxious to hear how
          Bill's XLNC performs.

          Did you make it to the Depoe Bay show, Brandon? I didn't see you.

          On Fri, 15 May 2009 20:44:04 -0700, Brandon wrote:

          > Very nice! What kind of engine did you put in her?
          >
          > Brandon
          > Who just finished installing the garboards on his Valgerda

          He could do anything he put his mind to, except put on a white
          shirt and tie. <said of Clifford James Dickson by his daughter>
        • Bill Oakes
          Message 4 of 5 , May 16, 2009
            Hi:
            A Palmer PW 27.

            Bill

          • Brandon
            Message 5 of 5 , May 17, 2009
              Hi John,

              I did make it to Depoe Bay on Saturday and hung around with Scott M. for a while on his Banks dory. I met a few coots. I saw a lot of hats, but many of them were so deeply involved in conversations I didn't want to butt in. I would have liked to meet you and personally thank you for your links page and the Atkins site, two of the reasons I like the WWWeb.

              Sunday afternoon I brought my 91-year-old dad to see some of the boats. Mainly I wanted him to see the Thistle. When I was 13 or 14 we almost bought one just like it, even the same color, but the guy backed out at the last minute. I've wanted one ever since. Unrequited love...

              I want to make the Siletz messabout. Sounds like fun and it's close enough to home I don't have to camp out. I gave that up when I sent my youngest son to college.

              Brandon