Re: [AtkinBoats] Aquiring Atkin's plans

  • david gerstel
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      HELLO,

      i am sure she is traveling. she is quite active. i speak with her
      regularly.

      where did you send it?

      david

      i am the owner of the vixon design, ariel. there are photos on her website.

      jmc-cwiseman@... wrote:

      > Pardon my ignorance, but can you still purchase plans from Atkin's
      > &Co? I sent an initial inquiry email to the site, but 5 weeks have
      > passed with no response. I am interested in the Valgerda and any
      > information available about the boat and the building process. I am
      > not looking for free plans, nor do I want to cheat the designer's
      > family out of their due, I am just hesitant to send money off blindly
      > to a company that may no longer be in business.
      >
      > Thank you in advance for any help.
      > Christopher Wiseman

    • Brandon
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2009
        I just checked the Post date on my Valgerda plans. I got them in Nov. 2004. Where's the finished boat? you say. Well, I didn't start on her until about a year ago and I've been out of action with a bum leg for about five months... But she is framed up. I'm waiting for enough money for some planking materal.

        I'd love to talk to others who have built Valgerda too.

        One thing I've been pondering is a slight change in the rig from a standing lug to a ballanced lug. And making the mast slightly beefer so I can do away with the standing rigging. Thoughts.

        Brandon on the Oregon coast