Re: Aquiring Atkin's plans

  • Jim Courtney
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
      I bought several sets of plans from Mrs. Atkin back in 2005. I just used the printable form from the website and mailed a money order. Also, I corresponded with her through the email address from the website. My plans arrived about 10 days after I sent the money from Mississippi. Unless something is different, I would expect the same service again. As you might already know, the website is:

      http://www.boat-links.com/Atkinco/index.html

      Good Luck!

      Jim
      Florence, Mississippi
    • david gerstel
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2009
        HELLO,

        i am sure she is traveling. she is quite active. i speak with her
        regularly.

        where did you send it?

        david

        i am the owner of the vixon design, ariel. there are photos on her website.

        jmc-cwiseman@... wrote:

        > Pardon my ignorance, but can you still purchase plans from Atkin's
        > &Co? I sent an initial inquiry email to the site, but 5 weeks have
        > passed with no response. I am interested in the Valgerda and any
        > information available about the boat and the building process. I am
        > not looking for free plans, nor do I want to cheat the designer's
        > family out of their due, I am just hesitant to send money off blindly
        > to a company that may no longer be in business.
        >
        > Thank you in advance for any help.
        > Christopher Wiseman

      • Brandon
        Message 3 of 4 , May 1 4:53 PM
          I just checked the Post date on my Valgerda plans. I got them in Nov. 2004. Where's the finished boat? you say. Well, I didn't start on her until about a year ago and I've been out of action with a bum leg for about five months... But she is framed up. I'm waiting for enough money for some planking materal.

          I'd love to talk to others who have built Valgerda too.

          One thing I've been pondering is a slight change in the rig from a standing lug to a ballanced lug. And making the mast slightly beefer so I can do away with the standing rigging. Thoughts.

          Brandon on the Oregon coast