Eric 32 original interior and sailplan available?

  • Patrick Blanchard
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 27, 2009
      Are the original gaff cutter sailplan and interior layout plan for
      the Eric as designed in 1924, before the ketch version, still available?

      I am restoring a 1968 Eric, purchased last month from it's original
      owner who finished her in 1973. Tucked inside the galley were the
      original blueprints from 1968, near an old wooden hangar from
      Waterford Maine.

      However, the gaff cutter sailplan and the interior arrangement in the
      plan set differ from the book by Leathers "Colin Archer and the
      Seaworthy Double Ender" (see attached).

      The difference is confusing, so I am hoping you can clarity the matter.

    • kd0dvh
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2009
        --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, Patrick Blanchard <kd0dvh@...> wrote:

        > Are the original gaff cutter sailplan and interior layout plan for
        > the Eric as designed in 1924, before the ketch version, still available?
        >
        > I am restoring a 1968 Eric, purchased last month from it's original
        > owner who finished her in 1973. Tucked inside the galley were the
        > original blueprints from 1968, near an old wooden hangar from
        > Waterford Maine.
        >
        > However, the gaff cutter sailplan and the interior arrangement in the
        > plan set differ from the book by Leathers "Colin Archer and the
        > Seaworthy Double Ender" (see attached).
        >
        > The difference is confusing, so I am hoping you can clarity the matter.

        Pat emailed me and yes they are available. The Eric gaff is the same as Dragon, as they also share the same hull.