Re: [AtkinBoats] A "River Belle" starts to appear

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 26 5:54 PM
      Looks good Alan! I'm pleased to see that on your Web page you mention that
      your boat was "inspired by" Wm. Atkin's design. I suppose this is a good
      time to remind people that when they alter an Atkin design, it becomes
      their design, not an Atkin boat, and the Atkins can't be blamed for any
      peculiarities in the performance. But your boat looks good so far, Alan,
      and I hope it works out well for you.

      On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:41:52 -0700, Alan B wrote:

      > I'm building a "River Belle" 36' Tunnel Stern river boat, and I just put
      > the
      > last piece of the bottom in place and thought you might like a photo.
      > There are more pictures and a log of construction to date at
      > "riverbelle.boman.biz" if you are interested in more detail.

      The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene
      of older people, and greatly assists the circulation of the
      blood. <Logan Pearsall Smith>
    • Alan Boman
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 26 6:56 PM
        Hi John,

        Your absolutely right. Although the changes I have made to Mr William's
        design are very minor, they have been very carefully thought about and are
        my responsibility.

        Below the waterline, the prop shaft angle is flattened a bit because I have
        moved the engine forward and I have also offset the engine to Starboard
        instead on Port because of its direction of rotation, and that's it.

        Above the chine, I have changed the flat planked sides to curved clinker
        with a raised sheer because it better suits frameless plywood construction.

        We'll see how it works out.

        Cheers

        Alan

        Looks good Alan! I'm pleased to see that on your Web page you mention that
        your boat was "inspired by" Wm. Atkin's design. I suppose this is a good
        time to remind people that when they alter an Atkin design, it becomes
        their design, not an Atkin boat, and the Atkins can't be blamed for any
        peculiarities in the performance. But your boat looks good so far, Alan,
        and I hope it works out well for you.

        On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:41:52 -0700, Alan B wrote:

        > I'm building a "River Belle" 36' Tunnel Stern river boat, and I just put
        > the
        > last piece of the bottom in place and thought you might like a photo.
        > There are more pictures and a log of construction to date at
        > "riverbelle.boman.biz" if you are interested in more detail.

        The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene
        of older people, and greatly assists the circulation of the
        blood. <Logan Pearsall Smith>

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>

        Yahoo! Groups Links