Re: [AtkinBoats] Re: everhope

  • davy riggs
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2, 2009
      Hi, T

      It's always a good idea to draw it on a table first.
      You discover the designer's mistakes and get
      familiarity with it whilst sitting down, rather than
      on your old arthritic knees. In this specific case,
      you'll want a good view of any changes you make in
      three views, rather than deciding you don't like its
      looks on the floor or, worse, on the setup.

      --- "capt.tilley" <capt.tilley@...> wrote:

      > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "titanicslim"
      > <titanicslim@...> wrote:
      > >Hey I like the curved transom idea. But why would
      > you loft it at 3"
      > -1' first. I would have just lofted it (expansion?)
      > on the lofting
      > floor. t.
      > > --- In AtkinBoats@yahoogroups.com, "capt.tilley"
      > <capt.tilley@> wrote:
      > > > That big flat stern facing the waves seems
      > slappy and pushy. Though
      > > > I could never beach launch everhope into
      > anything bigger than waist
      > > > high surf... We have a good flat beach that you
      > can drive down to.
      > > > Its realitively protected but always has at
      > least knee to thigh high
      > > > surf. It would save a 20$ crane trip.

      > > I hear what you're saying about that flat transom-
      > that's why so many
      > > surf boats tend to be dories and double-enders of
      > one sort or another.
      > > But I personally wouldn't be too concerned about
      > this one. She will
      > > ride that stuff fairly high. Look at how much
      > buoyancy you've got in
      > > those "butt cheeks", and the *initially* dry
      > transom.
      > >
      > > You might want to try a curved, raking transom but
      > not without drawing
      > > it in 3"-to-1' before the full-size lofting. I
      > can't predict how much
      > > your mileage may vary, but that's my thinking on
      > the subject.
      > >
      > > Darned if you haven't got me wanting to make one
      > for myself!
      > >
      > > Davy

      A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience. - Doug Larson