Eric Junior For Sale

  • Tilikum
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 17, 2004
      Hi, I wrote a week or so ago. Thank you John for your reply. I do remember meeting
      you and have enjoyed your fabulous web site since then.
      Thank you also for mentioning my other boat, Snookwis and the lovely photos.
      I have been spending a lot of time on Snookwis, getting her ready to sail up through
      the Gulf Islands this summer.
      I am now ready to sell my Atkin, Eric Junior. She is one of 17 fiberglass taken from a
      mold at Beaver Valley Marine on Orcas Island in 1977. The hull is in excellent
      condition. The Yanmar 1 cylinder 8 horse engine in good shape. A solid Spruce mast
      with rigging. Two sails, etc... The deck needs repairing and a corner of the cabin as
      well. She is a project boat, but could be sailing in a couple or few months for the
      right person. The trailor comes with the deal. Strong with new double axles. So,i am
      asking $6500. O.B.O. I will send fotos as soon as i learn how. Happy sailing.
      Tilikum...
    • Greg Ball
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2004
        Hello all,

        I'm new to the group and live on North Carolina's Outer Banks.

        Where is this boat for sale?

        Greg Ball
        GIS Coordinator
        Dare County, NC
        (252) 475-5831

[...]

        <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
        Yahoo! Groups Links
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
          Tilikum's Eric, Jr. is in, or near, Port Townsend, Washington.

          I asked Mrs. Atkin about the fiberglass Eric, Jrs.:

          "To my knowledge no one built ERIC JR. with our permission. But I am not
          surprised, as it happened all the time. John felt 'you can't get money out
          of a stone' as most boatbuilders would go broke! The WESTSAIL was the
          exception. The originals built my Larry Kendall, was all arranged with
          John. But he went bankrupt and sold his soul.

          "Glad the boat is well built and beautiful"

          It's just something curious to think about now. No doubt the builder of
          those fiberglass Eric, Jrs. did indeed go broke! <g>

          On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:13:50 -0400, Greg B wrote:
          > Hello all,
          >
          > I'm new to the group and live on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
          >
          > Where is this boat for sale?

          Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless
          they meet two conditions:
          1. He is a Greek
          2. He is a Fisherman <Roy Blount Jr.>
        • Greg Ball
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
            Well, I guess that's about as far from here as it could get; and still be in
            the lower forty eight.

            Sigh.

            Greg Ball
            GIS Coordinator
            Dare County, NC
            (252) 475-5831

            Tilikum's Eric, Jr. is in, or near, Port Townsend, Washington.

            I asked Mrs. Atkin about the fiberglass Eric, Jrs.:

            "To my knowledge no one built ERIC JR. with our permission. But I am not
            surprised, as it happened all the time. John felt 'you can't get money out
            of a stone' as most boatbuilders would go broke! The WESTSAIL was the
            exception. The originals built my Larry Kendall, was all arranged with
            John. But he went bankrupt and sold his soul.

            "Glad the boat is well built and beautiful"

            It's just something curious to think about now. No doubt the builder of
            those fiberglass Eric, Jrs. did indeed go broke! <g>

            On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:13:50 -0400, Greg B wrote:
            > Hello all,
            >
            > I'm new to the group and live on North Carolina's Outer Banks.
            >
            > Where is this boat for sale?

            Nobody ought to wear a Greek fisherman's hat unless
            they meet two conditions:
            1. He is a Greek
            2. He is a Fisherman <Roy Blount Jr.>

            <http://www.atkinboatplans.com/>
            Yahoo! Groups Links
          • zmtn22
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 29, 2004
              Did you say that Pat considers the Westsail beautiful? I think
              westsail may be my next boat cause I am having a hard time finding an
              Eric made of wood. Are there any photo's of that Eric JR. that's for
              sale? there is a fine one in Homer Alaska. zmtn

            • roninpnw
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 30, 2004
                I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
                last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
                the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

                There's actually a very nice Westsail for sail here in Seattle,
                beautiful woodwork (cutter rig with boomkin). There's another just
                near it, but didn't catch my eye so much. I've never been inside a
                Westsail and am very tempted to go "shopping" (pretend, of course)
                just to see what she looks like when compared to Ronin.

                -Scott

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4 1:22 AM
                  Bill Lapworth raised the freeboard a bit when he adapted Thistle to
                  fiberglass. That and the molded deck and house on the Westsail give Thistle
                  and Eric the edge in a beauty contest. <g> Westsails still look a lot better
                  than most of the boats you see on the water these days.

                  On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:47:53 -0000, Scott wrote:
                  > I don't actually know Westsails all that well, but when my Eric was
                  > last hauled there was a Westsail and a Tahiti ketch in the yard at
                  > the same time. My vote is still for the wooden Eric ;)

                  The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can
                  be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues.
                  <Elizabeth Taylor>