Valgerda framed up this week

  • Brandon
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 16, 2009
      In my bio, more than a year back, I said I was going to build a
      Valgerda and I guess it's about time for a report. This week I hope to
      finish setting up the frames and start fairing them. My goal is to
      have it planked up and the sheer clamp on by the Depoe Bay Wooden Boat
      Show, which is the third weekend in April (I think). Then have it
      completely finished by August when the Toledo Wooden Boat Show rolls
      around.

      I'll post some photos as soon as I glue the keelson on this week or next.

      Brandon Ford
      Lincoln City, Ore.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2009
        That's great, Brandon! I look forward to seeing you at Depoe Bay (I think
        I'll probably take Sage this year). I saw a Valgerda built pretty much to
        the plans at Port Townsend last September:

        http://preview.tinyurl.com/PTValgerda

        On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:16:15 -0800, Brandon wrote:

        > In my bio, more than a year back, I said I was going to build a
        > Valgerda and I guess it's about time for a report. This week I hope to
        > finish setting up the frames and start fairing them. My goal is to
        > have it planked up and the sheer clamp on by the Depoe Bay Wooden Boat
        > Show, which is the third weekend in April (I think). Then have it
        > completely finished by August when the Toledo Wooden Boat Show rolls
        > around.
        >
        > I'll post some photos as soon as I glue the keelson on this week or next.

        To read fast is as bad as to eat in a hurry. <Vilhelm Ekelund>