Re: Gwen o' the River

  • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 10 11:28 PM
      I find Calson Hulls and Freeship programs to be good and lurning curve
      is not to bad for working on designs. One of the principles of
      sternwheels is the bigger the wheel the more efficent as long as it is
      not to big for the boat it is on. Larger wheels have a better angle
      entering and leaving the water so less energy is wasted and less drag.
      A V bow cuts through the water better and pushes debris in the water to
      the side as aposed to a scow plowing to some extent. My biggest want
      was room for a queen bed and room for family and friends and tankage
      for a couple weeks. I live about 100 RM up the Columbia in the NW US so
      a sternwheeler is a ideal boat and wont look like just another plastic
      boat. Down your way coastal cruseing is a way of life. Our choices will
      make us each happy. When some one builds a boat I think they need to
      decide what they want to use it for and in what kind of water then look
      to that end. I like a lot of Atkins designs but would like to see
      someone at some time redo them for modern methods materials and power
      plants. Opps blaspheme

      Jon