Re: "Joan" at Cowachin Bay

  • pdcarroll@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
      Hello John,

      Sorry about the delay in answering, I have posted some of the pictures
      of Sweet Pea and am awaiting further info from Ian at Cowachin Bay
      about her characteristics and modifications from the original plans.
      The build date of around 1946 was included in a write up I recieved
      that also gave her construction as being cedar on oak frames. Hopefully
      other details will follow.

      Is anyone aware of another Joan or Little Dipper around. The only info
      I could find online about a Little Dipper was a short write up of two
      built in Austrailia years ago.
    • pipercubdream@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 5, 2009
        Hi, any info you may have found concerning Little Dipper I would be
        interested in seeing as well. The pictures of the Joan are great. Any other
        pictures and information concerning modifications will be much appreciated.

        Thanks.....Ben

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
          Where did you post the pictures of Sweet Pea?

          On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:31:09 -0800, pdcarroll@... wrote:

          > Hello John,
          >
          > Sorry about the delay in answering, I have posted some of the pictures
          > of Sweet Pea and am awaiting further info from Ian at Cowachin Bay
          > about her characteristics and modifications from the original plans.
          > The build date of around 1946 was included in a write up I recieved
          > that also gave her construction as being cedar on oak frames. Hopefully
          > other details will follow.

          To delight in war is a merit in the soldier, a dangerous quality
          in the captain, and a positive crime in the statesman. <George
          Santayana>
        • pdcarroll@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2009
            I posted them in the photo albums under the heading Sweet Pea.