Re: Gwen o' the River?

  • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      The answer to the service part may have to do with the fact it was
      designed by a person that is no longer around to give the real answers.
      THis is a old plan. As far as size and weight it is not a problem to
      trailer and most boats of any type have to be moved to the water from
      where they are built. Being a design meant to be beachable it should be
      strong enough but trailering can be hard on a boat. I personaly would
      do it but take care that the trailer was set up to support all the
      cabin area to the stern exspecaly the mechanical area. I think the
      original plans have the hull bottom and sides planked I would use
      plywood 3/4" on bottom 1/2" sides and encapsolate it. This would give
      it more strength and a little added weight.

      Jon