Gwen o' the River?

  • my48cj2a
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
      Can this be made to put on a trailer? Most people do not live on the
      water.I really like the boat and want to build it.What would stop it
      from becoming a trailerable boat? Will it break at some point? Is it
      not sturdy? The Atkins person said it can't be trailerd and that was
      it. Why not? All those people who won't build a Gwen o' the River
      because of the lack of info. Are your customers worth the time? The
      sternwheeler Showboat is seen more in the water. And that is because
      they can get it there. Sorry to sound so harsh but as a customer I
      would expect more of an answer than one sentence. Are we worth the
      time? It seems like you would sell more plans if you could get the boat
      to the water(Just an idea).That Bolger Tennessee is looking better by
      the minute.
    • Jon & Wanda(Tink)
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2009
        The answer to the service part may have to do with the fact it was
        designed by a person that is no longer around to give the real answers.
        THis is a old plan. As far as size and weight it is not a problem to
        trailer and most boats of any type have to be moved to the water from
        where they are built. Being a design meant to be beachable it should be
        strong enough but trailering can be hard on a boat. I personaly would
        do it but take care that the trailer was set up to support all the
        cabin area to the stern exspecaly the mechanical area. I think the
        original plans have the hull bottom and sides planked I would use
        plywood 3/4" on bottom 1/2" sides and encapsolate it. This would give
        it more strength and a little added weight.

        Jon